Monday, July 26, 2010

The Aftermath

So as you might know I have started my musical career and had my first ever gig, and we performed infront of at least 300 people. I have a picture of the crowd but its on someone elses camera so I will post that when possible. This was my first time ever performing infornt of people, and man oh man this was a big crowd. I didn´t know that the crowd was going to be that big, because on the other 2 nights of the festival it was not that busy. I guess they all just wanted to see me really badly. The band decided to get a practice sesh in before we performed, and by practice sesion I mean we split a bottle of rum to cool the nerves. I think I was still shitting my pants even with the liquid courage.

So our set list was:
hallelujah - Leonard Cohen that was performed by Shayne and Catherine

The Weight - The BAnd performed by Shayne, Ian, and myself Singing Back up: Catherine Vilma

Brown Eyed Girl - Green Day performed by Shayne and Myself backup: Ian and Catherine

Stand By Me- ??? performed by: Shayne, Ian, and Catherine backup: Yours Truely

So let me give you a break down of how the songs went: hallelujah was done incredibly as both Shayne and Catherine have incredible voices, and probably was one of the best songs of the night.

Then came The Weight. Here I was playing guitar and I was responsible for singing a verse. Well it went pretty ok, except for the fact that my mic conked out as I was singing my verse, If you watch the video youll see the mic just cut out mid way through. But the other band members made a god save and sang the rest into their mics.

Well after the mic mishap we got everything fixed, for out next song which was brown eyed girl, and that went off without a hitch. It went really well. And my guitar managed to not break a string during the intro I got to play :)

Stand By Me was our last song, and I did not have my guitar for this song, but I did get to oin in the chorus. This song was also done really well.

Well thats my breakdown of the perfrmance, Hopefully in the next post Ill have pics and videos for you. And if you want my autograph youll have to wait till December!!

OOOH and today me and a fellow volunteer decided that we are going to teach an english class every monday! I think thats pretty exciting! I just dont know how Im going to go about doing that. Well Ill try and keep everyone posted, and if you have any questions about what Im doing here or nething give me a shout!!

No comments:

Post a Comment